Cell Energy Lesson Plans
Cellular respiration and photosynthesis lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of lessons for each category. Free cell energy lesson plans include:
- Cellular Respiration - aerobic, glucose, glycolysis, Krebs cycle, Acetyl CoA, NAD+, FAD, electron transport chain,
- Aerobic Respiration - 36 ATP, C6H12O6, CO2.
- Anaerobic Respiration - 2 ATP, fermentation, lactate, ethanol.
- Mitochondria - double membrane, electron transport chain, mitochondrion DNA.
- Light Dependent Reactions - photosystem 2, photosystem 1, electron transport chain, NADP+.
- Light Independent Reactions - Calvin cycle, NADPH.
- Chloroplasts - thylakoid, granum, stroma, mesophyll, guard cells.
- Pigments - chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b.
- 4 Carbon Plants.
- CAM Plants.
- ATP - adenosine 5' triphosphate, ADP, adenosine diphosphate, adenine ring, ribose sugar, three phosphate groups, chemical energy.
- ATP Synthase - energy source, phosphates, light wavelengths, concentration gradients, diffusion, equilibrium, thermodynamics, exergonic, endergonic.
- Enzyme System - substrate, active site, reactants, products.
- Enzyme Shapes - lock and key model, types.
- Enzyme Catalyst - activation energy, reaction rate.
- Factors Affecting Enzyme Activity - pH range, temperature range, enzyme inhibitor, feedback inhibition.
- Biosynthesis - metabolism, anabolism, catabolism.
Lesson Plans by Subject
Link to Us
Cellular Energy Concepts
Enzyme lab using catalase lets students see how enzymes brake down substances. A great photosynthesis lab involves shinning a light on a freshly cut leaf while looking through a microscope. An example lesson plan activity is about aerobic respiration and it's chemical processes.