Scientific method lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great science lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of lessons for each category. Free scientific method lesson plans include:
- Scientific Method - observation, problem statement, hypothesis, materials, procedures, experiment, analysis, conclusion.
- Variables - control group, independent variable, dependent variable, standardizing variables.
- Scientific Process - controlled experiments, peer review, scientific journals, scientific theory, scientific law.
- Lab Equipment - graduated cylinder, flasks, glassware accessories, pipettes, hot plates.
- Microscopes - parts, handling, focusing, calculating power, wet mounts, safety and care.
- Lab Safety - lab procedures, handling of glassware, pipe petting, solutions, handling of chemicals, disposal of waste, sharp objects, heat.
- SI Measurements - scientific notation, length, area, weight, volume, temperature, time, reading a balance, reading a thermometer, reading a graduated cylinder.
- Metric System - meters, liters, grams, Celsius, Kelvin, seconds.
- English System Conversion - 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters, 1 foot = 0.3048 meters, 1 mile = 1.6093 kilometers, 1 once = 28.35 grams, 1 pound = .4536 kilograms, 1 gallon = 3.7854 liters.
- Graph Types - line graph, bar graph, scatter graph, pie charts.
- Graph Formatting - x y axis labels, title, legends, data tables, linking information.
Lesson Plans by Subject
Link to Us
Scientific Lesson Concepts
How to use the microscope lab teaches students how to use the microscope safely. Another great lab experiment is for students to graph their data table results. A metric system activity teaches students how to convert using SI measurements. Laboratory equipment worksheets and exam / test / quiz questions also provide help with evaluating the student's progress.