Plant Science Lesson Plans
Plant science lesson plans designed for high school, middle school, and elementary school science teachers are downloadable here. Lesson Plans Inc. offers many great botany lessons. Click the titles below to see a list of botany lessons for each category. Free plant science lesson plans include:
- Plant Tissue Cells - parenchyma cells, collenchyma cells, sclerenchyma cells.
- Dermal Tissue - epidermis, trichomes.
- Vascular Tissue - xylem, tracheids, vessel elements, phloem, sieve tube elements, pressure-flow model.
- Ground Tissue - parenchyma, collenchyma, sclerenchyma.
- Meristematic Tissue - plant growth by mitosis.
- Leaves - blades, petiole, mesophyll, gaurd cells, compound leaf, leaflet.
- Stems - node, internode, bud, vascular cambium, primary growth, secondar growth, tree rings, heartwood, sapwood, bark.
- Roots - fibrous roots, taproot, root hairs, root cap, meristem, cortex, endodermis, vascular cylinder.
- Cohesion-tension theory - cohesion, adhesion, transpiration, capillary action, absorption.
- Gymnosperm - Gnetophytes, Cycads, Ginkgoes, Conifers.
- Pollination - wind, pollination drop.
- Pollen Cones - male gametophytes, pollen grains.
- Seed Cones - female gametophytes, ovules.
- Plant Classification - vascular tissues, seeds, flowers.
- Sporophyte - spore producing plant, diploid.
- Gametophyte - gamate producing plant, haploid.
- Flowering Plants - Monocotyledonae, Dicotyledonae.
- Monocots - flower parts in mliples of 3, single cotyledon, parallel viens, scattered vascular bundles, fibrous roots.
- Dicots - flower parts in multiple of 4 and 5, paired cotyledons, branched veins, arranged vascular bundles, taproot.
- Annuals - complete life cycle within one year.
- Biennials - complete life cycle within two years.
- Perennials - complete life cycle longer than two years.
Lesson Plans by Subject
Link to Us